The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Friday 6 September 2013

My Current Writing Project

My Current Writing Project

I don't have time to do a full post today, because I'm busy churning out material for the Raiders of R'lyeh project.  The RoR kickstarter is now past the halfway mark to being funded.  You might know I was hired early-on to act as a consultant for the project, both in terms of rules as well as marketing approach and general advice.
You might also have heard that I'll be writing a short sourcebook on occult societies in Arkham if it gets funded.

But that's not what I'm working on right now. Oh no; right now, I'm working on a section that will be in the main book: an overview of historical Occultism circa 1910.  It'll probably be the most definitive and detailed one ever put into the setting material of an RPG.

So there you go, just another reason to go back Raiders of R'lyeh.

RPGPundit

Currently Smoking: Mario Grandi Oom Paul + Argento Latakia

6 comments:

  1. Will you be covering Guido von List and the Armanen? Or will you be concentrating more on British and American occultism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there will be information on Guido List; the "von" is a false self-styling of nobility that the guy had no real claim to. He was the son of a leatherworker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm well aware. But it's of course how he is best known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyways, yes, there'll be some information on him and on Liebenfels; I suspect Quentin will be using the latter's "ONT" order as potential "bad guys".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any particular reason you picked 1910? It almost seems like a cut-off date designed to omit something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't pick it; it was Quentin Bauer's choice; Raiders of R'lyeh is set in 1910, at the apex of the Edwardian Age.

    ReplyDelete