The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Everyjoe Tuesday: Ed The Sock!

Today I don't have a column on Everyjoe, but in my place you can go see the debut of Ed the Sock's youtube series, "Sock Puppet Account"! Note that Ed didn't choose that title, the EveryJoe people did, he thinks its problematic because it makes a play on word of his ethnicity.

You might not be familiar with Ed the Sock, but I am; I've known him for about 25 years now.  Most Canadians will be familiar with him, since he's really one of the greatest Canadian (well, Sock-Canadian) political and social commentators of his generation.  He started up back in 1987, and I remember watching him in my college years when he had a fairly amateurish public-access talk show; later on he moved to MuchMusic (Canada's version of MTV) and hooked up with the stunning and nerdy Liana K., and created Ed And Red's Night Party, which became Canada's answer to the Late Show and maybe the greatest late-night talk show ever made.


(Yes, that's Ed's real-life wife of many years)


In today's debut episode, Ed makes a shocking investigative report revealing the real identity of John Boehner's father, explains what DC's doing by fixing the one big problem with Superman, and explains the difference between British and American movies about robots.  He also reveals some surprising secrets about pirates' personal lives that you probably didn't want to know, and goes looking for the mysterious Skunk Ape, bigfoot's redneck southern cousin.

So, check it out! And before anyone says something, I'm not being paid by Everyjoe (not for anything other than my articles); this is all legitimate Ed the Sock fandom here.  Now I just have to figure out how to do a sock/Urbanski team-up, and one of my smoke-filled dreams of my college days will be fulfilled (and back then, it wasn't pipe smoke... well, it was, but it wasn't the kind of pipes I smoke these days!).


RPGPundit

Currently Smoking: Ben Wade Canadian + Image Latakia

No comments:

Post a Comment