The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Now YOU Can Outrage The Outrage-Brigade! Support the Pundit!

Let me tell you, there are few things as fun as tasting the bitter impotent tears of people who wish you ill, especially if they are additionally people who totally deserve to be thwarted.  And I've been having a lot of fun lately.

The "Outrage Brigade" went all out to attack me (and Zak S.) when we were in fact credited as D&D Consultants on 5e (seriously, did they just think we'd been lying about it all this time?), and engaged in a campaign of libel, lies, half-truths, rumours, and all kinds of insults in some kind of misguided attempt to boycott us.

It doubled my blog entries, increased traffic on my forum, and led to increased sales of anything associated to me.  The Anti-Pundit Swine literally made me money.

That led to even more outrage!  There's nothing they hate more than seeing me succeed, than seeing me do well and be liked by people in the hobby at both the industry and popular level. They hate that I'm right, and that I'm good, and that because of these things I get what I set out to do.

So I already showed RPG publishers and designers how they can get in on the action, and many of those who listed me as consultant or sent me games to review have taken advantage of that. The Pundit Bump is bigger than ever now, as the mere mention of my name spikes clicks.   And again, if you're a designer or publisher and want in on the action, I am currently available for hire for Consultant jobs.

But then I also thought about all those fans who do not write or publish RPGs; surely they want in on the action too?  Fortunately, I remembered that in fact there is a way that YOU TOO can outrage the outrage-brigade!  Over to the right hand side of the blog is a Paypal Button; if you want to do your part to help the Outrage Brigade feel thwarted, or you just want to let me know that you support me in the face of these stupid and fortunately-inept attempts to boycott me, the serious and disgusting lies being told about me, and the disturbing death threats, or if you just want to send me a little gratuity because you like how old-school the style of 5e is, then please click that button and send me a donation to encourage me to keep up the good work!

Remember, every little bit you help will produce more valuable pretentious-asshole-tears of frustration, and that's a precious resource this hobby needs!

Seriously, thanks to all my readership and supporters, old and new.

RPGPundit

Currently Smoking: Lorenzetti Oversize + H&H's Beverwyck


17 comments:

  1. Great pitch, but how about swag from something like a Cafe Press store? Confound 'ragers by obscene profit online AND memetic infection in meatspace.

    Imagine shirts like "Proxy of the Pundit", "The Pundit: He Plays, He Consults, He SCORES!", or "The Pundit's Right: Fun IS Better!" appearing at conventions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be pretty funny; but I'm not sure how to go about doing this sort of thing. Also, I'm not too sure I want to devolve to the level of merchandising...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather that the "Swag" be that people get to enjoy the creative material I keep producing that's actually related to gaming (and punditry)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep Fighting the good fight.

    I picked up "Arrows of Indra" & "Vornheim" specifically because of the latest rounds of attacks on yourself and ZakS. And made sure I took the time to place reviews of the both products on DriveThruRPG just to stick it to the SJW's.

    I am reeeealy getting sick of their hi-jinks. They are trying to take over the Skeptical movement as well by making everything about Feminism. (atheism+ swine).

    ---
    I deleted the first post because of spelling mistakes. When I get fire up I type to fast and when I type to fast the spellun suffers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, and I really appreciate your purchase. I don't approve of boycotts, but I totally support buying product out of spite!
    In any case, I hope besides it all you also end up really enjoying AoI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it was really just an excuse to get off my arse and buy it. They've both been on my wish list at drivethru for some time.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey RPGPundit,

    Can I add you as a guest blogger on my blog to help drive the swine and the outrage Brigade crazy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly, what would that involve?

      Delete
    2. I was thinking about putting a pin in that idea for the time being and was considering the possibility of an interview with you covering the items people complain about and your responses.

      What do you think?

      Delete
    3. Yes, that could be possible. Send me an email to rpgpundit@gmail.com

      Delete
    4. @RPGPundit: Thank You. I will need a day to come up with the questions. I want to make sure that this is a well done pro-RPG Pundit interview that provides the facts, facts that the detractors no matter how much they try cannot dispute and hopefully shuts them up and makes others understand that the detractors are just liars.

      Delete
  9. Hey just letting ya know I just bought your book. So you got a more support even it is just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate it, and hope you really enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have a feeling it will take me a while to understand the setting if any thing else. Mainly because the setting is pretty new to me. This isn't generic DnD that I am use to. This is India mythology DnD which means there are customs I am not even use to. Though I suspect I be fine as I stumble my way across the book.

      Delete
    2. Well, look back on the blog entry from the day before this one; you'll see my thoughts on handling the introduction of AoI to a gaming group.

      Delete