The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Monday 11 April 2016

A Note on Recent Lies Written About me and theRPGsite on Story-games.com

Nice to see that the Story-games still likes to talk boldfaced LIES about me and theRPGsite. On a thread there they recently claimed that I was banning people for their political or gaming views.  Including the claim that I was banning users who defended a certain article. 

For the record, theRPGsite has banned 2 people all year. One was for extreme site disruption, the other was for literally issuing a threat against the whole site if he didn't get his way.

NO ONE has been banned for defending or talking about the 'gaming has a white male terrorism' pseudo-activist propaganda piece.  People have defended it there, and will not be banned for it. 

Also, NO ONE has been banned, now or ever, for what kind of rpg they like. 

RPGPundit

Currently Smoking: Brigham Anniversary Pipe + Image Latakia

6 comments:

  1. Isn't an attack on the Story-Games forum as a whole an overreaction? I count two users being snotty about you and TheRPGSite and their arguments are actually intercepted and called out for being baseless ad hominem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they? I nowhere saw moderators actually denying the utterly false claims made about me or my site. I did see them saying that they didn't want to talk about me (even as they talk about me). But that's not the same as calling these posters out as liars.

      Delete
  2. On the other hand it must be flattering that someone thinks enough about you to make up lies at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's funny that the folks on the Story Game site are accused of making up stories. The proper OSR response would seem to be to create a table or two describing the various insane types of folks you'd find on that site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or add a few semi-familiar God of Liars to the Petty Gods book.

      Delete