The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Monday 22 April 2019

The Army of Fake-Nice People

Well, I wasted a good part of my entire day.  Aside from the 7 hours where I ran DCC, where I made a point of avoiding  the phone, I mostly ended up being stuck on Twitter.

I had to deal with literally thousands of "Critters", fans of the Critical Role show, coming to attack me, all because I commented that an article that reported on the huge CR kickstarter was actually pretty void of content.
Note, I was criticizing the article, not the show. But even so, Matt Mercer decided to show up and comment on the thread, but not even at that point, but later when the whole thing had evolved to a discussion about Stories in RPG play.

Matt Mercer makes a big show of trying to appear like a "Nice Guy", acting as if he's always friendly and tolerant... except for that time he blew up about the Kavanaugh Hearings and told anyone who didn't agree with him to "fuck off from our game".  Anyways, his Nice Guy Mask was carefully preserved, while he tacitly drew attention to me so that thousands of Critters could come attack me.

Meanwhile, his "community" of "Critters" frequently tweet about their "good manners". That didn't stop them, however, from dogpiling me, posting personal insults and attacks, doxxing efforts, and all kinds of other harassment-style tactics.

So I can dish it out with the best of them, and made a point of responding to every single critter with more than 100 subs (you'd be surprised how many had less).  But it's just the hypocrisy of their fake 'niceness', trying to promote that most fundamental of what some have called the "green meme", the boomer-era value placed on feelings and being nice and friendly above all else. The problem is this niceness is increasingly incompatible with the rampant intolerance and aggressiveness of the Left.

Anyway's that's all just to explain why I am not doing anything more than this, today.

RPGPundit

Currently Smoking: C&D's Bayou Evening


4 comments:

  1. well, saying that Critical Role is devoid of content goes without saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tuned into a bit of that on Twitter. So many different issues were being discussed that it soon devolved into unproductive yammering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you called a Nazi? If not, that's hardly a discussion. I left Twitter long ago for mental hygiene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These people have called me a nazi many many times.

      Delete