The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Sunday 12 July 2015

Dark Albion hits RPGNow's Top 10 and What OSR Bloggers are Saying About It

So Dark Albion is doing quite well and you can now get it on Lulu (hardcover and variant hardcover), Amazon (softcover), and RPGnow on PDF, where it is currently the #7 hottest title. Note that in a week or so you should also be able to get a bundle of PoD+PDF from there, as soon as that happens I'll be sure to let y'all know.

So far, the reaction on G+ and forums from the gamers, especially old-school gamers, who've picked it up has been almost universally positive.  We've also had the first review (the first I know of anyways) of the book, and it is pretty damn gushingly positive.  That's from the Swords & Stitchery blog, and in case you're too busy to click the link, here's a couple of highlights:

"I wasn't expecting the breath and scope of this sprawling setting book that you can easily get lost in"

"This book is wall to wall artwork"

" The demonic here is nasty,dangerous, and chaotic in some of the darkest ways possible. It seems to ooze out in places in Dark Albion just waiting to take full advantage of the idiotic politic of  the War of the Roses."

"If your expecting the usual dungeon crawling common to D&D, your in for a bit of a different type of adventuring. "

"I have to say that this is vastly different then what I was expecting and it feels almost but not quite along the same guidelines of Pendragon or Harn in a good way. "






So there you have it!  If you haven't done so yet,  check it out!


RPGPundit

Currently Smoking:  Italian Redbark + Image Latakia


8 comments:

  1. I still need to grab this. Did you get the Google+ message I sent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I'm not quite sure which one you mean? I saw something you sent yesterday saying you were interested in a review copy, but I'm sorry to say that the reviewers we're sending copies to have already been picked.

      Delete
    2. No worries. I can't find it either. Eaten by our Google overlords.

      Delete
    3. That's been happening to me quite a bit!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for someone on rpg.net to draw insane conclusions of misogyny or homophobia somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure someone will think of something.

      Delete
  3. Wow, congrats! Not only for the awesome review, but for being so high on Drive Thru. And that does look like an awesome product. I do love gritty, low-scale fantasies (Wars of the Roses/15th century is a great period). Have you ever thought of doing one on Constantinople/Venice/the Ottoman Empire? It would make for some interesting flavours too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Dark Albion has a bit of material on "the Turk lands", so there's been a bit of that already. I don't know about doing a full 'Ottoman' book. Maybe someday.

      Delete