The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Monday 16 May 2016

The Secrets of the Pundit's Childhood Revealed?

So, a while back I was given maybe the most unusual interview I was ever asked to give.  Victor Garrison over at the "Appendix N Happy Meal" blog has a very strange series, where I guess he's trying to figure out cues about prominent game designers about their childhood play and interests in some kind of effort to figure out what makes them, and maybe our whole hobby, tick. 

So when asked, I decided to give it a shot.  And now you can see the results over on Victor's blog. Go check it out to find out a bit more about what the Pundit was like as a kid, and what he learned from that. As to whether that really tells us anything about the greater hobby, well, I'm not really so sure about that.   Do you think that Victor's project will achieve something?

RPGPundit

Currently Smoking: Stanwell Deluxe + Image Virginia

3 comments:

  1. That's a fun idea for an interview. It made me smile a few times to read about your proto-roleplaying childhood games, I did similar things before I even knew what RPGs were.

    I'm also glad to see that even if your own and Garrison's views and outlook on RPGs don't match there is a sense of professional respect and seriousness the interview. That's something the internet barrier often takes away; people end up shouting at each other rather than acknowledge their differences and going beyond them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool idea for an interview. Rather enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete